Motion Sensor Not Triggering
If you feel your sensor is not properly triggering we recommend testing the sensor. Your motion sensor will only trigger every 3 minutes unless you are using the tamper button on the top right-hand side of the sensor.
- Perform a sensor test
- Replace the battery (CR123A)
- Upon detecting motion, a motion sensor sends a signal to the panel and then enters sleep mode for 3 minutes. You must wait for 3 minutes before it will trigger again unless you press the tamper button on the top right side of the sensor.
- Verify that the panel has not defaulted to Stay Mode if you are testing the motion sensor by arming the system away
- Verify the motion sensor is oriented properly. The "TOP" sticker on the back of the mounting plate should face upward
- Adjust the sensor for better coverage
- Move the panel closer to the sensor
Call 855.268.3669 for additional assistance or you can email Support from the Contact Us page
Was this article helpful?Yes Follow