How to Change a Motion Sensor Battery
Understanding Motion Sensor Battery Issues
If you have received a Motion Sensor Low Battery message on your panel you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Replace Your Battery
- Make sure your Cove Protect system is disarmed before you start this process.
- Open the Motion Sensor by pressing in on the recessed tab at the bottom of the sensor and pull the case toward you to remove the sensor from the base plate.
- Remove the (CR123A) battery from the Motion Sensor.
- Replace the (CR123A) battery and always match the + and - signs on the battery with the corresponding marks on the device.
- Securely replace the sensor case back on the base plate.
- To be assured your sensor is functioning properly, please perform a sensor test.
If you have further questions please chat with us by selecting the icon to the bottom right of this screen or call us at 855.268.3669.