How to Change a Motion Sensor Battery
If you have received a Motion Sensor Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process
- Open the Motion sensor by pressing in on the recessed tab at the bottom of the sensor and pull the case towards you to remove the sensor from the base plate.
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery
- Place the new CR123A battery in the sensor
- Replace the sensor case back on the base plate
To ensure that your Motion sensor is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on "System"
- Click "Test System"
- Click the greyed out "Test" button
You will only have to test your Motion sensor, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.