Preferred Locations for your Touch Screen Panel
Your panel serves as the heart of your system and should be placed in a central location in your home. Your panel should be plugged into an outlet at all times; this outlet should NOT be a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). These outlets are common in kitchens and bathrooms and have a reset button; be sure that the outlet is not controlled by a light switch either.
Common Panel Installation Locations
- Wall (Professional installation recommended)
Securing Panel Power
If you have young children or worry about someone unplugging your panel, we recommend securing the plug to the outlet with the provided screw to avoid accidental loss of power. After the panel is plugged in you may notice a red X over the cellular bars on the panel display. It may take a few moments for the panel to establish a connection with the cell tower.
Things to Avoid
When choosing where to place your panel, it is important to avoid a few situations:
- Locations where the siren would be difficult to hear
- Near a window where an intruder might see it
- Within four feet of large metal appliances such as refrigerators, televisions and washing machines
- Locations such as closets, garages, closed laundry rooms, bathrooms, and stairwells.