Motion Detector Not Triggering
If you feel your sensor is not properly triggering we recommend testing the sensor. Your motion detector will only trigger every 3 minutes unless you are using the tamper button on the top right-hand side of the sensor.
- Perform a sensor test
- Replace the battery (CR123A)
- Upon detecting motion, a motion detector sends a signal to the panel and then enters sleep mode for 3 minutes. You must wait for 3 minutes before it will trigger again unless you press the tamper button on the top right side of the sensor.
- Verify that the panel has not defaulted to Stay Mode if you are testing the motion detector by arming the system away
- Verify the motion detector is oriented properly. The "TOP" sticker on the back of the mounting plate should face upward
- Adjust the sensor for better coverage
- Move the panel closer to the sensor