How to Change a Glass Break Detector's Batteries
Understanding Glass Break Battery Issues
If you have received a Glass Break Detector Low Battery message on your panel you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Replace Your Batteries
- Make sure your Cove Protect system is disarmed before you start this process.
- Open the Glass Break Detector by turning the sensor counter clockwise. This will remove the sensor from the mounting plate.
- Replace the two CR123A batteries and always match the + and - signs on the battery with the corresponding marks on the sensor.
- To remount the sensor, align the raised marks on the outside edge of the sensor and mounting plate and rotate clockwise.
- To be sure your sensor is functioning properly, please perform a sensor test.
If you have further questions please chat with us by selecting the icon to the bottom right of this screen or call us at 855.268.3669.