How to Change a Glass Break Detector's Batteries
If you have received a Glass Break Detector Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process
- Open the Glass Break Detector by turning the sensor counterclockwise. This will remove the sensor from the mounting plate.
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the button
- Place the new two CR123A batteries in the detector
- To remount the sensor, align the raised marks on the outside edge of the sensor and mounting plate and rotate clockwise.
To ensure that your Glass Break Detector is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your Glass Break Detector, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.