How to Change a Flood + Freeze Sensor Battery
If you have received a Flood Freeze Sensor Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process
- Remove the rubber feet on the bottom of the sensor
- Remove the screws and the casing
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the button
- Place the new CR2450 battery in the sensor
- Reassemble the casing, screws and rubber feet on the bottom of the sensor
To ensure that your Flood Freeze sensor is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your Flood Freeze sensor, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.