How to Change a Flood + Freeze Sensor Battery
Understanding Flood & Freeze Battery Issues
If you have received a Flood & Freeze Sensor Low Battery message on your panel you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Replace Your Battery
- Make sure your Cove Protect system is disarmed before you start this process.
- Remove the rubber feet on the bottom of the sensor.
- Remove the screws and the casing.
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in relation to the device module.
- Replace the CR2450 battery.
- Reassemble the casing, screws and rubber feet on the bottom of the sensor.
- To be sure your sensor is functioning properly, please perform a sensor test.
If you have further questions please chat with us by selecting the icon to the bottom right of this screen or call us at 855.268.3669.