Carbon Monoxide Detector False Alarms
It is important to regularly test and maintain all system sensors. A low battery or abnormal damage to the sensor can cause irregular activity.
Troubleshooting False Alarms
- Make sure the detector is a Cove sensor and not a pre-existing Carbon Monoxide detector
- Make sure the sensor was not installed in any of the following places:
- Directly above a sink
- Directly above a stove or within 5 feet of any cooking appliance
- Next to a door or window that would be affected by drafts, like an extractor fan or air vent
- Where airflow would be obstructed by curtains or furniture
- Where dirt or dust could collect and block the sensor
- Where the sensor could be knocked, damaged, or accidentally removed
- Verify the sensor has not expired (a sticker on the outside of the device has an expiration date)
- Replace the battery (CR123A)
Was this article helpful?