How To Change a Carbon Monoxide Detector Battery
Understanding Carbon Monoxide Detector Battery Issues
If you have received a Carbon Monoxide Detector Low Battery message on your panel you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Replace Your Batteries
- Make sure your Cove Protect system is disarmed before you start this process.
- Open the CO Detector by turning the Detector counterclockwise until the back cover releases.
- Remove the (CR123A) battery from the CO Detector.
- Wait 20 seconds while the CO Detector resets.
- Replace the (CR123A) battery and always match the + and - signs on the battery with the corresponding marks on the detector.
- Turn the CO Detector back in place on the mounting plate.
- To be assured your sensor is communicating properly, please perform a sensor test.
If you have further questions please chat with us by selecting the icon to the bottom right of this screen or call us at 855.268.3669.