How to Change a Key Remote Battery
If you have received a Key Remote Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove system before you begin this process
- Remove the screw on the back of the remote
- Open the cover
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) of the battery in the remote
- Remove the old battery by sliding it out of the battery clip
- Slide new battery into place
- Put your remote back together
To ensure that your Key Remote is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your key remote, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your remote verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.