How to Change a Medical Button Battery
If you have received a Medical Button Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Your Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you start this process
- Remove the four screws at the back of the button
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the button
- Remove the older CR2032 battery from the Medical button
- Place the new CR2032 battery in Medical button
- Replace the casing and screws on the button
To ensure that your Medical button is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your medical button, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your button verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.