How To Change a Carbon Monoxide Detector Battery
If you have received a Carbon Monoxide Detector Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process
- Open the CO Detector by turning the detector counterclockwise until the back cover releases.
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the button
- Place the new CR123A battery in the detector
- Wait 20 seconds while the CO Detector resets
- Turn the CO Detector back in place on the mounting plate
To ensure that your Carbon Monoxide Detector is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your Carbon Monoxide Detector, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.