How to Change the Smoke + CO Detector Batteries
If you have received a Smoke + CO Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace the Batteries
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process.
- Open the Smoke + CO Detector by turning the detector counterclockwise until the back cover releases.
- Carefully remove the existing batteries. Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the device.
- Wait 20 seconds before inserting the new batteries.
- Place 2 new CR123A batteries in the detector.
- Wait 20 seconds while the Smoke + CO Detector resets.
- Turn the Smoke + CO clockwise back into place on the mounting plate.
To ensure that your Smoke + CO Detector is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your Smoke + CO, however, you have the option to run a complete sensor test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.