How to Change the Smoke/Heat/Freeze Detector Batteries
Understanding Smoke/Heat/Freeze Detector Battery Issues
If you have received a Smoke/Heat/Freeze Low Battery message on your panel you will need to replace the batteries promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Replace Your Batteries
- Make sure your Cove Protect system is disarmed before you start this process.
- Open the Smoke/Heat/Freeze Detector by turning the Detector counter clockwise until the back cover releases.
- Remove the three (AAA) batteries from the Smoke/Heat/Freeze Detector with your fingers or a flat head screw driver.
- Wait 20 seconds while the Smoke/Heat/Freeze Detector resets.
- Replace the three (AAA) batteries and always match the + and - signs on the battery with the corresponding marks on the detector.
- Turn the Smoke/Heat/Freeze Detector back in place on the mounting plate.
- To be assured your sensor is communicating properly, please perform a sensor test.
If you have further questions please chat with us by selecting the icon to the bottom right of this screen or call us at 855.268.3669.