How to Change the Smoke Heat Freeze Detector Batteries
If you have received a Carbon Monoxide Detector Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process
- Open the Smoke Heat Freeze Detector by turning the detector counterclockwise until the back cover releases.
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the button
- Place three new AAA batteries in the detector
- Wait 20 seconds while the Smoke Heat Freeze Detector resets
- Turn the Smoke Heat Freeze Detector clockwise back into place on the mounting plate
To ensure that your Smoke Heat Freeze Detector is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your Smoke Heat Freeze Detector, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.