How to Change Door/Window Sensor Batteries
Understanding Door/Window Sensor Battery Issues
If you have received a Door or Window Sensor Low Battery message on your panel you will need to replace the batteries promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Replace Your Batteries
- Make sure your Cove Protect system is disarmed before you start this process.
- Open the door/window contact sensor (large piece) by finding the small perimeter side with 3 raised lines.
- Insert a flathead screwdriver into the hole and pull the cover towards you.
- Remove the module inside the cover by turning the cover upside down over your hand.
- Use a screwdriver or knife to slide the batteries out from under the black padded circles.
- Replace the batteries (2 x CR2032) with the + side facing away from the module and toward the black padding.
- Replace the module and snap the cover back in place.
- To be sure your sensor is functioning properly, please perform a sensor test.
If you have further questions please chat with us by selecting the icon to the bottom right of this screen or call us at 855.268.3669.