How to Change Door/Window Sensor Batteries
If you have received a Door or Window sensor Low Battery message on your panel, you will need to replace the battery promptly to ensure the device continues to function properly. Information to order replacements can be found in our article, How to Order Replacement Batteries.
How to Replace Battery
- Disarm your Cove panel before you begin this process
- Open the door or window sensor (large piece) by finding the perimeter side with 3 raised lines
- Insert a flathead screwdriver into the gap and pry open the cover
- Remove the module inside the cover by turning the cover upside down over your hand
- Use a screwdriver to slide the batteries out from under the black padded circles
- Pay close attention to the orientation of the (+) and (-) sides of the battery in the button
- Place two new CR2032 batteries into the module
- Replace the module into the sensor and put the sensor back together
To ensure that your Door or Window sensor is functioning properly, run a Complete Sensor Signal Test.
- Enter into your Settings
- Click on System
- Click Test System
- Click the greyed out Test button
You will only have to test your Door or Window sensor, of course, have the option to run the complete test. Once your sensor verifies with the monitoring station, you can exit the test by pressing the Home button on the panel.