Can I use my existing security equipment with Cove?
Our Panel may be compatible with existing equipment from a previous company, but due to factors out of our control we are unable to promise compatibility. We will gladly try to connect your existing equipment though, and assist to the best of our abilities.
Please note that existing or 3rd party equipment is not warrantied through Cove. Meaning if that sensor breaks you will need to purchase a new sensor with us for replacement.
In order for existing equipment to work with a Cove system, it must meet all of the following criteria:
- Sensors Must Be Wireless
- Sensors Must Be on a 345 MHz Network
- Sensors Must not be Encrypted
- Sensors for Doors/Windows Must not be recessed
- Sensor Compatibility
The following Companies Equipment is not compatible due to missing one or more of the listed criteria:
- Vivint (Depending on Age of equipment).
- ADT (Depending on Age and model of equipment)
Was this article helpful?
4 found this helpful