Door/Window Sensor False Alarms
It is important to regularly test and maintain all system sensors. A low battery or abnormal damage to the sensor can cause irregular activity.
Troubleshooting False Alarms
Verify that the sensor and magnet are securely mounted. If either piece has fallen off, the system will not function properly.
- Verify that the spacing between the sensor and magnet is no further than 1" when the door/window is closed.
- Verify that the door or window does not move excessively while closed.
- Verify that the sensor is located inside, away from large metal appliances, and in a climate-controlled environment.
- Replace Batteries (2 x CR2032).
- If the batteries have already been replaced, replace the sensor.
Was this article helpful?