Motion Detector Sensitivity
By default and under proper circumstances, Motion detectors will not detect a body under 30 lbs.
Adjusting Settings for Pets
To change the setting:
- Open the back of the Motion detector
- Remove the PET pin covering the 55 lbs jumper
- Place the PET pin on the 33 lbs jumper
Understanding Your Motion Detector's Sensitivity
By default, Motion Detectors are set to a HIGH sensitivity, so it will be triggered more easily than if set to LOW sensitivity. To change this setting:
- Open the back of the Motion Detector
- Remove the SENS pin covering the HIGH jumper
- Place the SENS pin on the LOW jumper
It is important to keep in mind, a 10 lb cat 40 feet away from the sensor will not set off the sensor, however, that same cat 10 feet from the sensor will cause the sensor to go off.