Smoke/Heat/Freeze False Alarms
It is important to regularly test and maintain all system sensors. A low battery or abnormal damage to the sensor can cause irregular activity.
Troubleshooting False Alarms
- Make sure the detector is a Cove sensor and not a pre-existing smoke detector.
- Make sure the sensor was not installed in any of the following places:
- Directly above a sink
- Directly above a stove or oven, or within 5 feet of any cooking appliance
- Next to a door or window that would be affected by drafts, like an extractor fan or air vent
- Where airflow would be obstructed by curtains or furniture
- Where dirt or dust could collect and block the sensor
- Where it could be knocked, damaged, or accidentally removed
- Near a bathroom, sauna, or other location where steam can cause false alarms
- Replace batteries (3x AAA)
- To prevent false alarms, fire protection detectors have the option of enabling Fire Alarm Verification. This can be adjusted in the individual detector settings on the panel.
Was this article helpful?