Outdoor Camera Settings
This article describes all outdoor camera settings.
How to Access Settings
To access your camera settings, open the live feed page on your mobile app. Click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will need to pair your camera with your app before you will be able to access the camera settings.
- If you have already paired your camera and still cannot access the settings, unplug the camera and plug it back in. Wait 3-4 minutes and then try to access the settings again.
- Camera Name - Name and rename your camera here.
- Camera Settings - Access additional settings for your camera:
- Status Light - Enable or disable the LED status indicator light on your camera. This light allows you to see whether the camera is online.
- Image Rotation - Allows you to rotate the camera image 180 degrees.
- Lens Distortion Correction - Corrects imperfections captured by the spherical lens. Since the camera has a fish-eye lens, items at the edge of the camera image may be a little distorted. You can adjust it to have the edges more rounded or sharpened.
- Camera Microphone - Toggle to turn on or turn off your built-in camera microphone to detect any audio near the camera.
- Night Vision IR Light - Six faint red lights (3 on each side of the lens) indicate when the camera is using infrared night vision.
- Firmware Version - Displays the current firmware version. If it is up to date, to the right of the version, it will say, “Up to date”. If there is an update available and you would like to update, tap on “Update available”.
- Smart Detection/Alert Frequency - Toggle how frequently a camera records and notifies you. This is also referred to as the "Cool off" period.
- Low - Fewer alerts, fewer recordings (more time between recordings.) Generally recommended for higher traffic areas.
- Medium - Records and alerts more frequently than "Low" but not as often as "High".
- High - More frequent alerts, more frequent recordings. Less cooldown time. Good for use in areas where people are not generally supposed to be.
- Cloud Storage - Opt to save your footage to the cloud for 24 hours.
- PIN Protection - Enable your PIN to access the live feed/footage.
- Recording Duration - Change the duration of recording from 6 seconds up to 60 seconds. The shorter clips you choose, the longer the battery will last.
- MicroSD card - See the status of the SD card and how much storage is left. You can also format and restart your SD card. (Please note when you format an SD card, it removes any previously saved data. If there are important documents or data stored on that SD card, please insert that SD card into a computer and transfer the data prior to inserting it into the camera).
- Network/Info - Displays the network information, including the WiFi name (WiFi SSID), WiFi strength, IP address, and MAC address of the camera.
- Connectivity - Test the strength of the network connection from your camera to the router and to your phone. The numbers that appear with the result indicate whether data or packets are being lost based on what is being sent.
- Videos and Photos - Enable activity alerts to be sent to you when a recording is sent to the cloud.
- Delete Camera - Allows you to delete the camera. To confirm you want to delete the camera, click “Yes” when it prompts.
- How to Pair the Outdoor Camera on the Cove app
- How to Mount the Outdoor Camera
- Settings and Additional Information- Outdoor Camera
- Live Feed and features
Call 855.268.3669 for additional assistance, or email Support from the Contact Us page
Answered My Question? Yes! Follow