Deleting, Resetting, and Re-Adding Cameras
COVE SIMPLE - How to Delete the Camera
1. Open the app and go to your main Security Screen.
2. Look for the three bars in the top left corner and tap on them.
3. Select "Settings"
4. Now, click on "Video"
5. Find the camera you want to delete and swipe it to the left.
6. Three icons should appear. Choose the trashcan.
7. Select "YES" to confirm the deletion.
- In your app, navigate to your camera screen.
- Select the camera you want to delete. This will take you to the camera's live feed.
- In the top right-hand corner, select the cog to go to the camera's settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of settings and select "Delete Camera."
- Tap "Delete" to confirm the deletion of this camera.
COVE CONNECT - How to Delete the Camera
- Go to the camera’s live feed. If the live feed doesn’t load, don't worry.
- Click on “Settings” (gear icon) in the top right.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on “Delete Camera.”
- You'll be asked to confirm if you want to delete the camera. Select “OK.” (Please note that all recordings sent to the cloud are not erased when you delete the camera. Once the camera is re-added, you can still access it, and if you have an SD card, it will still be stored there as well.)
How to Reset the Camera
If you are resetting your Cove Indoor Camera (the smaller camera with a black base), use a small paper clip or something narrow to press the button in the reset hole. The reset hole is located on the back of the camera in the top left corner next to one of the screw holes. It will have the word “Reset” next to it.
Press and hold the paperclip in that slot for roughly 6 seconds or until it reports “Reset is Successful.” (Please note that the camera must be powered on for the other steps to be successful.)
If this is the Cove Outdoor Camera, make sure the batteries are inserted and the camera is powered on.
Unscrew the back and remove the camera.
Under the rim of the camera, where it screws together, there is a tiny hole near the SD card slot. You should see an image of a circular arrow.
Insert a small paperclip or something narrow until you feel the internal button and hear a small click.
Press and hold this button for 6 seconds and release.
The camera will say, “Reset is successful” if the reset worked.
How to Re-add and Pair the Camera
- For the Cove Indoor Camera, click here and follow the instructions.
- For the Cove Outdoor Camera, click here and follow the instructions.
If You Cannot Delete the Camera
- Close the app you are currently using and pull it back up. Try again.
- Sometimes, the camera does get deleted, but it still displays on the list of cameras. You just need to refresh the screen on the main app page.
- If your camera is still showing after refreshing, sign out of the Cove app, then sign back in.
We hope this guide helps you navigate through the process smoothly. If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team. We're always here to assist you!