Door/Window Sensor not Responding
- Verify the magnet alignment/gap size is less than 1 inch
- If the spacing is good, remove the sensor from the panel
- Re-add the sensor to the panel and see if this resolves your issue.
If the problem persists: do you know if the door or window is made of metal? If this is the case, there is a possibility that the metal is interrupting the sensor module communication. Following the steps below will help us figure out if the sensor communicates with the panel properly before installation:
- Remove the magnet from the door frame or window
- Separate the magnetic contacts, to imitate the open/close of the door
- If the sensor is working properly, the panel will state the contact is open/closed
- Swap the install location of the sensor, place the sensor with the magnet on the non-metal surface
If the problem persists, replace the battery in the sensor and imitate the open/close of the door. If it begins working properly with the battery replaced, the issue is resolved.