Installing Glass Break Detectors
Step by Step Guide:
If you are installing new equipment to your alarm system, make sure you have already added this Glass Break Detector to your alarm system before you install this piece of equipment. You may also have received our updated Glass Break detector, which will look like the sensor in the image below.
Common Installation Locations
- In a room with three or more windows
- Within 15 feet of all windows that you want to be protected
Avoid installing the sensor in a room with sound dampening objects:
- Heavy drapes/blinds
These and other objects will shorten the effective range of detection.
- Ceiling Mount - Place the detector within 15 feet of all windows that you want to be protected
- Wall Mount - Place the detector within 15 feet of an adjacent or opposing wall of the window(s). The detector is not designed to provide coverage to windows located on the SAME wall as the sensor.
Installing Glass Break Sensor
- Consult the user manual included in your packaging for detailed installation, testing and maintenance instructions.
- Remove the adhesive backing
- Press firmly and hold in place for 30 seconds