Installing Carbon Monoxide Detector
Step by Step Guide
If you are adding new equipment to your alarm system, make sure you have already added the Carbon Monoxide Detector to your alarm system before you install the piece of equipment.
Common Installation Locations
- Utility Room
- Rooms with gas appliances
Do not install the sensor in the following areas:
- Next to a door or window that would be affected by drafts
- In or below a cupboard
- Outside the home
- Where airflow would be obstructed by curtains or furniture
- Where dirt or dust could collect and block the detector
- Where it could be knocked, damaged or inadvertently removed
- Within 10 feet of sleeping areas and in bedrooms that contain fuel-burning appliances
- If the appliance or room is not normally used, such as a boiler room, the detector should be placed just outside the room so the alarm can be heard
- Ceiling Mount - place the detector at least 12 inches from any wall (measured from the closest outside edge of the detector). The green area below indicates proper placement.
- Wall Mount - place the detector at least as high as a light switch and at least 6 inches from the ceiling (measured from the closest outside edge of the detector). The green area below indicates proper placement.
Installing the Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Consult the user manual included in your packaging for detailed installation, testing and maintenance instructions.
- Remove the adhesive backing
- Press firmly and hold in place for 30 seconds
Call 855.268.3669 for additional assistance or you can email Support from the Contact Us page
Answered My Question? Yes! Follow 1