Messages and Trouble Alerts
Understanding Panel Messages & Trouble Alerts
Alarm Events occur whenever your system reports an alarm to the central monitoring station. A new message will appear in your inbox and indicate which sensor triggered the alarm. Emergency calls also appear in Messages.
Trouble Alerts sound when the system detects a system trouble condition. A record appears in Messages with recommended actions to correct the problem. Trouble Alerts options include:
- Panel Low Battery (Allow 24 hours to recharge)
- Panel No Battery (Reconnect the battery)
- Panel Communication Failure (Call Tech Support)
- Sensor Low Battery (Replace the sensor battery)
- Sensor Loss of Supervision (Replace the sensor battery)
Turning Off/On Audible Alerts and Trouble Conditions can be modified so you don't hear Audible Alerts from the panel. If turned off, you will still be notified of alerts and trouble conditions via the panel messages icon on the panel home screen.
Trouble Conditions have an Audible Alert to notify you of the Trouble Condition. The Audible Alert for any Trouble Condition will sound once every 4 hours until the Trouble Condition is resolved or until you have turned off Audible Alerts for current Trouble Conditions. Audible Alerts only sound between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Step by Step Instructions
Viewing Panel Messages & Trouble Alerts
Follow these steps:
- Select the Message icon on the panel home screen (Icon next to settings on the top right hand corner of your panel that looks like an envelope)
- Select "Next Page" if you want to see more messages.
Deleting Panel Messages & Trouble Alerts
Follow these steps:
- Select the Message inbox icon on the panel home screen (Icon next to settings on the top right hand corner of your panel that looks like an envelope)
- Select "X" to the right of the message you wish to delete and confirm.
Turning On/Off Audible Alerts for Trouble Conditons
Following these steps:
- Select the Message inbox icon on the panel home screen (Icon next to settings on the top right hand corner of your panel)
- Select "On" or "Off" button to turn on/off audible alerts.
- If turned off, no Audible Alerts will sound until a new Trouble Condition is detected.