Installing Motion Detectors
Step by Step Guide
If you are adding new equipment to your alarm system, make sure you have already added the Motion Detector to your alarm system before you install this piece of equipment.
Common Installation Locations
- Stairway entrance
To reduce false alarms, do not install sensors:
- In a non-climate controlled area
- Near or in the way of air vents
- In areas of the home that your pets are most active when you are not home
- Pointing directly at windows
- Sensors are recommended to be aimed at high traffic areas of the home as well as likely entry points
- Corners are the best place to install Motion Sensors but they can also be installed on the flat surface of the wall
- Place the sensor 6-8 feet above the floor (Ideally 7 feet)
- Sensor orientation is critical, pay attention to the "TOP" sticker on the back of the sensor for proper placement
Installing Motion Detector
- Consult the user manual included in your packaging for detailed installation, testing and maintenance instructions.
- Make sure the wall surface is clean and dry
- Remove the adhesive backing
- Press firmly and hold in place for 30 seconds
Was this article helpful?