How to Pair and Install Your Outdoor Camera
Instructions on installing and pairing process of your Cove Outdoor camera.
Before You Get Started:
- Ensure that the camera’s batteries have been fully charged. You can do this after pairing, but you will have to do so before you mount the camera.
- The camera runs off of a 2.4GHz Network, so if your router is dual-band, please make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GHz network before starting. If you are unsure what network your router is broadcasting, we suggest contacting your Internet Service Provider and they can let you know which one it is on and how to switch it to the 2.4 GHz.
- The cameras communicate using the Cove app, so if you do not see the camera icon at the bottom right of your app's home screen, please call us at 855-268-3669 and we can help you get that added.
The Pairing Process
Once the batteries are fully charged, you can start the pairing process. If you are stuck cannot proceed further, please contact us, and we would be happy to help you get the camera set up.
- Insert the battery into the camera by removing the outer shell of the camera. Inside, you will see a slot for 4 batteries (if you have version 1 of the camera purchased before July 2021), or a slot for a battery pack (if you have version 2 of this camera purchased after July 2021) as well as the QR code on the back (v1) or side (v2) of the camera's interior. Insert the batteries. Ensure the positive end of the battery is facing the back of the camera. Wait for the camera to say, “Waiting to Connect.” Do not screw the outer shell back onto the camera yet.
- Pull up the Cove app and go to the "Cameras" section at the bottom right. Once you are there, click on the little (+) icon to add a new camera. This will prompt you to choose a kind of camera. Make sure you click, “Cove Outdoor Camera.”
- At this point, you may be prompted with a request to access your phone’s camera. If so, click "allow." This will pull up a QR code scanner with a green line scrolling down the center square. Align the QR code on the back of the camera with that square. If the scan is successful, a page with, “Set up the Camera.” Click on “I heard Waiting to Connect.”
- Next, you'll provide your WiFi information. If your phone is connected to a 2.4GHz network, the WiFi name or SSID will be automatically populated on the top text field. If your phone is not connected, it will prompt you to connect your phone to WiFi. Connect to your WiFi and then go back to this page. The next text field is for you to enter your password for your WiFi. This section is case sensitive and so if you have any special characters or capitals, ensure those are entered correctly. Once you’ve entered your WiFi information, click “Please choose WiFi”
- Once you've selected your WiFi, your phone will generate a QR code. Face the front of your camera (with the QR code), about 12 inches away from the camera, and slowly move it closer towards the camera lens. Wait for the camera to say, “QR code scan is successful.” Then, click “Next” on the app screen.
- If the pairing is successful, your app will report that the camera is successful, and then connect to the WiFi. If it was not successful, the camera will tell you the error. You will then follow the suggested prompts on the app.
- Once your camera has successfully paired with the app, you'll name your camera or choose one of the preselected options given. Finally, click “Save” and the camera will save.