How It Works - Smoke Heat Freeze
This piece of equipment is critical for life and property protection. Unlike traditional smoke detectors, our Smoke Heat Freeze Detector alerts you and the monitoring station automatically in the event of a fire. If your alarm is disarmed, this sensor remains ready to diligently protect you and your loved ones.
Smoke Heat Freeze FAQ
We recommend placing at least one detector near your bedrooms where people sleep and one per each level of your home. The Smoke Heat Freeze detector is particularly important for those with limited mobility or other health concerns that may impede their ability to escape the home quickly and safely.
This aspect of the sensor measures the particles in the air.
As this sensor measures particulates in the air, this is a major reason we recommend NOT installing the sensor near a vent or area of the home that experiences drafts.
This is how the Heat Detection works:
- A fixed temperature of 125 degrees or above for three minutes is considered a HEAT Event
- A 10-degree increase in temperature in one minute is considered another HEAT Event
- If three HEAT Events occur within 10 minutes, a HEAT Emergency is Triggered and the Alarm will be set off
This is how the Freeze Detection work:
- A fixed temperature of 41 degrees or below for three minutes is considered a FREEZE Event
- A 10-degree decrease in temperature in one minute is considered another FREEZE Event
- If three FREEZE Events occur within 10 minutes, a FREEZE Emergency is Triggered and the Alarm will be set off
Light and Chirp Indicators