Installing Smoke Heat Freeze Detectors
If you are adding new equipment to your alarm system, make sure you have already added the Smoke Heat Freeze Detector to your alarm system before you install the piece fo equipment.
Common Installation Locations
- Main Living Spaces
Do not install Smoke Heat Freeze Detectors in the following areas:
- Within 5 feet of any cooking appliance
- Next to a door or window that would be affected by drafts
- In or below a cupboard
- Outside the home
- Where airflow would be obstructed by curtain, partition or furniture
- Where dirt or dust could collect and block the detector
- Where it could be knocked, damaged or inadvertently removed
- The detectors should only be mounted in climate-controlled areas.
- Ceiling Mount - place the detector no closer than 4 inches to any wall (measured from the closest outside edge of the detector). The green area below indicates the proper placement.
- Wall Mount - place the detector no more than 12 inches from the ceiling but no closer than 4 inches (measured from the closest outside edge of the detector). The green area below indicates the proper placement.
Installing Smoke Heat Freeze Detector
- Consult the user manual included in your packaging for detailed installation, testing, and maintenance instructions
- Remove the adhesive backing
- Press firmly and hold in place for 30 seconds