Installing Smoke + CO Detectors
Step by Step Guide
If you are adding new equipment to your alarm system, make sure you have already added the Smoke + CO to your alarm system before you install the piece of equipment.
Common Installation Locations
- Main Living Spaces
Do not install Smoke + CO Detectors in the following areas:
- Within 5 feet of any cooking appliance
- Next to a door or window that would be affected by drafts
- In or below a cupboard
- Outside the home
- Where airflow would be obstructed by curtain, partition, or furniture
- Where dirt or dust could collect and block the detector
- Where it could be knocked, damaged, or inadvertently removed
- Within 10 feet of sleeping areas and in bedrooms that contain fuel-burning appliances
- If the appliance or room is not normally used, such as a boiler room, the detector should be placed just outside the room so the alarm can be heard.
- Ceiling Mount-place the detector at least 12 inches from any wall (measured from the closest outside edge of the detector). The green area below indicates proper placement.
- Wall Mount- place the detector at least as high as a light switch and at least 6 inches from the ceiling (measured from the closest outside edge of the detector). The green area below indicates proper placement.
Installing Smoke + CO
- Consult the user manual included in your packaging for detailed installation, testing, and maintenance instructions.
- If you are going to use the adhesive:
- remove the adhesive backing.
- Press firmly and hold in place for 30 seconds.
- If you are going to use the screws:
- Once a suitable location has been identified, install the mounting base on the ceiling or wall using the 2 screws and anchors provided.
- Fit the Detector on the mounting base and turn clockwise until the detector clicks into place and the alignment notches are aligned.
Call 855.268.3669 for additional assistance or you can email Support from the Contact Us page
Answered My Question? Yes! Follow