How to Change the Alarm Panel Backup Battery
The panel backup battery provides power, up to 24 hours, in the event of a power outage. The battery automatically recharges once power is restored to the panel. If you receive a panel low battery message, you should wait 24 hours to see if it will recharge. If the panel low battery message continues, promptly replace the panel battery to ensure proper system functionality. You will need to call Support at 855.268.3669. You can also view our article on How to Order Replacement Batteries.
Replacing Backup Battery
- Disarm your Cove system
- Unplug your panel from the outlet
- Remove the back of the panel
- Remove the panel from the mount
- Remove the screw below the tamper button on the back of the panel
- Push down on the backplate to unlock from its position
- Gently remove the battery and disconnect the wire from the panel
- Gently plug in the new battery
- Put your panel back together and place it back on its mount
- Plug your panel into the outlet
Your system will power on and may perform a 6 step communication test and afterward will be ready for use.